When it comes to power distribution, Lindsey sensors by Lindsey Manufacturing stand out as the best that can be used in the entire industry. This is because of the numerous advantages that become available as they are used. We are talking about setting standards in electric distribution thanks to using modern technology.
Real-Time Accurate Power Measurement
Lindsey sensors manage to offer highly accurate and reliable voltage and monitoring for overhead, substations and even very complex underground distribution applications. We are faced with zero phase shift and an incredible harmonic performance. To make matters even more interesting, the voltage accuracy is an impressive 0.5%. All this makes the Lindsey sensors perfect for VAR control, network monitoring and different automation applications.
When looking at the transmission applications, Lindsey conductor monitor (TLM) offers really good insights into the behavior of the conductors. This includes current, temperature and even vibration. TLM basically offers all the data that is needed by those that have to analyze the network, especially when using Lindsey’s own SMARTLINE DLR systems.
Improving The Power Grid
Lindsey Manufacturing has been crafting, supplying and developing sensors to be used in the electric industry ever since the year 1987. Nowadays, these sensors actually set industry standard.
The initial medium voltage resistive voltage divider is based on current and voltage sensors. These are embedded right into the insulators. Numerous such sensors were installed in the past 25 years, all because of the advantages associated with them, including:
- An accuracy of 1% with really good harmonic response.
- Zero phase shift on reported voltage and current. This offers really good support for the modern VAR and Volt control applications.
- MTBF (mean time between failures) at over 10,000 years. This does practically mean you install the sensors and can use them forever.
- Construction capable of meeting mechanical and electrical requirements of all possible post insulators. This automatically offers a literally endless number of installation options.
Lindsey Manufacturing managed to keep improving the industry and the measurement technology that is used. This was transferred over to the underground systems that use medium voltage. Two Options exists for them:
- Lindsey 600A Elbow Sense voltage sensors – these are perfect for the submersible applications.
- Lindsey 200A tee-body and elbow separate connector voltage sensors. This includes ring current sensors and split-core sensors. They are really easy to be installed when faced with pad-mount applications.
Since we are talking about Lindsey Sensors, we need to highlight the TLM Monitor system. The reputation of the company in sensors and transmission equipment boils down to the TLM system. This is specifically created in order to offer real-time data feeds needed for reliable and accurate DLR (dynamic line rating), together with the needed documenting tasks that are necessary for line clearance compliance.
In the TLM monitor you can see many different advanced technologies included, like LiDAR, encrypted communications and magnetic field power harvesting. When you combine these with the EHV experience that Lindsey has, it is easy to understand why the result is a truly comprehensive sensor package offered to companies that need them, all being designed for fast installation covering up to the industry standard 765 kV.
Leave a Reply